Saturday, November 1, 2008

USGP - Louisville


Again, another blog entry added to this mess of mine way too late. For some reason, I just can't find time in my life to update this thing like I would like to do. Anyway, Louisville was a great time. I thought that the course was much better this year, with less long straight-aways and more technical aspects added to it. My racing went pretty well too, finishing 10th each day. I was a little bummed, though, because I made last lap blunders that pushed me back a few places each day. It is amazing how important the start and the finish of a cross race is, especially when competing against a group of talented riders. Unlike MTB racing, cross racing really does require one to keep their wits about them during the entire race; one small mistake in the beginning or at the end can completely change the outcome. Of course I knew this before racing this weekend, but when your brain is suffering from a lack of oxygen it is hard to keep your thought process in order. Perhaps I should be more like M.J. (EuroTrash) and put myself through a 10-day Buddhist Retreat, so that I can better connect with the inner me and also learn how to ignore the discomfort that I am feeling at any point in time...
I am doing a cross race in Morgantown today called the Marilla Cyclocross. The race flyer makes it sound more like a MTB race than a cross race. It is close to work, though, so I will give it a try. Tomorrow I am traveling up to Cleveland for another one of the Lake Effect Cycling Team Races. I will try to give a race update on my blog a little earlier in the week this time...yeah right! Later - Gerry

No comments: